Hey guys! As most of you aware, Pantone designates a color of the year every year and this year they actually released 2 together - Rose Quartz and Serenity. Rose Quartz is basically a baby, dusty pink and Serenity is basically a baby, dusty blue. I thought I would share some beauty and fashion items today that could give you some ideas on how to wear these two colors. I won't lie, I'm not crazy about this color combo, but it's kind of grown on me. When I first heard they picked a baby pink and a baby blue I was almost disgusted. But, after looking through my stuff and looking online for some inspiration, I realize it's not that terrible.
There are varying shades of pink and blue in some of the swatches, so basically anything you have that is baby pink and baby blue will work. You do not need to go out and buy the things I mention on this list, although you could if you wanted to. Just go through your makeup and your clothes and such and pull out anything in this color family and you will be totally on trend with Pantone's 2016 color of the year scheme. I tried to put both high end and more affordable items to give you an idea of some of the stuff that's out there. Forever 21 had oodles of stuff to choose from, all of it perfect matches for Rose Quartz and Serenity and all of it easy on your wallet as well. Again, nothing too precise here and as long as it's a light pink and a light blue it's going to work. Here's a list of items I put together to give you some ideas of things you can rock in 2016.
1. Essie Pink About It
2. Dior Tra La La
3. Nails Inc. Lilly Road
4. Christian Louboutin La Favorita
1. Ladies Chuck Taylor in Daybreak Pink
2. Kendra Scott Rose Quartz Earrings
3. Erdem Round Sunglasses in Pink
4. Forever 21 Oversized Round Sunglasses
5. Christian Louboutin Patent Dorissima Pump in Horizon
6. ASOS Lily Pad Ballet Flat in Blue
7. New Balance Modern Classics in Grey & Blue
8. Forever 21 Perforated Ballet Flat in Light Blue
9. Forever 21 Faux Leather Crossbody in Light Pink
10. Rebecca Minkoff Love Crossbody in Baby Pink
11. Rebecca Minkoff Avery Crossbody in Baby Pink
12. Zac Posen Eartha Envelope Crossbody
13. Rebecca Minkoff Avery Crossbody in Bleached Blue
14. Salvatore Ferragamo SF651S Cat Eye Sunglasses in 401 Blue Gradient
15. Erdem Round Sunglasses in Blue
Hope that gives you some beauty and style inspiration for this year's colors of the year! Let me know what makeup items or accessories you have that fall in line with this trend as well.